APGAW associate membership is open to organisations who agree with APGAW's aims and objectives. While we are committed to being open and to welcoming all interested parties as members, final decisions on membership remains at the discretion of the APGAW officers. We seek to support organisations who focus on animal welfare rather than animal rights. Please see the Terms of Membership below for membership acceptance or termination.
The subscription for membership is dependent on the size and type of organisation:
Commercial - £100.00
Professional or Trade body - £100.00
Public sector - £50.00
Big charity (with income over £5,000,000) - £50.00
Small charity (with income under £5,000,000) - £25.00
Individual - £15.00
Members will be entitled to attend all Parliamentary meetings, request to present at meetings, apply to join focus groups, ask for assistance on campaigns, support for EDMs and events and present MPs with information on animal welfare issues. Members will be listed as an APGAW member.
If you would like to apply to join please click on the link below:
Terms of Membership:
Associate members of APGAW must agree to abide by the terms of membership as follows:
1. Associate membership runs according to the financial year (e.g. payments made in June 2015 will be back-dated to April 2015 and will run until March 31st 2016) upon payment of relevant fees.
2. Associate membership is at the discretion of the political Officers of the Group and may be rescinded where members do not abide by the conditions of membership.
3. Associate members are expected to be respectful of other members' views and opinions (including political members) and disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated and could lead to termination of membership.
4. Charitable membership entitles the holder to send up to two representatives to each meeting.
5. Corporate membership and Professional/Trade Associations may send up to three representatives to each meeting.
6. Individual membership is designed for those qualified and interested in the animal welfare field but are not representatives of specific bodies or organisations.
7. All Associate members may nominate any other individual from their organisation to attend meetings in their place.
8. APGAW does not endorse the views or policies of any individual member or organisation member however Associate members are allowed to state they are a member of APGAW and that they share the aim and objectives of the Group but they are not allowed to use the APGAW logo in any of their communications without the explicit permission of the Secretariat.
9. The Associate membership fees are clearly set out in the application form and will be reviewed annually and may be adjusted at the discretion of the Officers of the Group.
If you have any questions on your eligibility before filling out the form please contact the secretariat on firstname.lastname@example.org